Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back to Work

This was Addy's first week of school and my first week back at work. In case Mom hasn't given you all updates already here are the chaotic tings going on in the House of Wood. In true fashion we figure, why one life change when you can have three or four.


  1. Clint is shopping for a new "daddy car" (future post when it's bought). He hydroplaned in a thunderstorm on I-40 coming home from work. After spinning several times (it's like a fish story, he's gone from saying 2 now upwards of 6), he hit the center divider and totaled the Porsche. Now he is looking at convertables with a backseat big enough for a car seat. So practical.
  2. We sold our house on Sunday. I knew it would go fast since I was hoping for the opposite. I did wait until Thursday to tell my boss that I would be moving to Winston. I figured telling them on my first day back is bad form, especially when everybody kept saying how happy they were that I was back.
  3. I think I have negotiated a transfer to my Winston Salem branch. Apparently it's not a surprise to your boss that you are going to move when they know your husband is working several counties and one area code away. They had already talked amongst themselves about how they could make it work. Yippee!
  4. We are off to tour the finalists in the new home selection game. Hopefully we'll be making an offer today since we have to leave the current home on the 8th.
  5. Addy is doing great at "school". It took her a day or two to adjust, but she is doing well with the new routine and making friends. One good thing about daycare is that Addy does all her dirty diapers while she's there. One bad thing; her new friends share germs and now she and I have a cold!

More to come later...

No comments: