Thursday, October 9, 2008

Three is much greater than one


Addy and I took a trip to Charleston to visit her cousins last weekend. Part of the perk was that N and G could go to work on Friday and Saturday and I would get to babysit.
The afternoon was pretty easy, I put Addy in a sling and Mer and Noah in the wagon and we walked to the park. It wasn't until dinner time that I realized having three children under the age of 5, two of them under 14months, had increased the difficultly scale from a swam dive to a backward two and a half somersault.
I had put the two little ones down for a nap (they didn't take it, instead they cried in concert) and Mer and I were playing Go-Fish. After twenty minutes of crying I gave up on nap time and got both babies up. I strapped Addy to me, and put Noah in the highchair for dinner. Try to image how this looked. I had one child in the highchair that I am feeding, the other child strapped to me nursing and in my other hand I have cards and I'm playing Go-Fish. How exhausting!!!
But, I loved the visit and I hope I can go back again soon. :-)



No comments: