I went to work one day in slacks, heels and a button down blouse. About an hour into my day the new girl that I'm training gave me "the look" and pointed down to my shirt. The middle button right across the chest had come open and I'm sure I had been showing my bra for quite some time before that was pointed out. I figured that I was too hasty in buttoning back up after my first pumping session of the day, so I promptly buttoned up and continued on.
Well, I figured wrong. The shirt just plain didn't fit anymore and the poor little buttons were strained until they popped open. This reminds me of my freshman year of college when my jeans "broke". Yes, broke. The zipper just wouldn't stay up and I was constantly catching it down and having to fix it. That sounds broken to you, yes? Well, no. That is what jeans do when the wearer has put on fifteen or twenty pounds and they no long FIT and the zipper has given up becuase there is no way it can do it's job with all the extra weight smooshing it down!
Just like the jeans, so went the shirt. The worst part of the day was when my boss (a man) had to point out the second offense. At least I hope that was the second...
1 comment:
I'm sorry. I know I have a comment. Just trying to pick one...
First of all, I appreciate the visual aide to go with the story.
Second, I think that next time you tell the story, the buttons should actually pop off your shirt.
And finally, I think if you don't get your transfer soon, there may be another line of work that would appreciate your new "girls".
That's all I've got for now.
Post a Comment