Sunday, March 22, 2009

DON'T EAT THAT!!

Warning.  The following story is very, very gross.  Dalina, if you ever plan on having children, please don't read this or you might change your mind.

This week Clint and I got a call from Addy's school.  This isn't unusual since it's been a busy winter in the "sick" department.  I was expecting pink eye or some kind of tummy virus, but no.  Clint called me at work in a panic.

C: "Honey.  The school just called.  They want to know if we want to come pick up Addy."
E: "Why, what's wrong?"
C: "Well.....she had a blowout in her crib" (side note, blowouts are BMs that escape the diaper) "it was everywhere and before they could get to her to clean it up she.....ate some."
E: (laughing) "what do they want us to do about it"
C: (not laughing) "I don't know, but she just ate s**t! What are we supposed to do?"
E: (still laughing) "It's her own, right?  I'm sure she'll be fine.  It's just gross.  What did the school want us to do about it?"
C: (still not laughing) "I think we should call the doctor."
E: "Okay, I'll call"

So I call the doctor and explain the situation and they tell me they don't handle that (what!) and that we need to call Poison Control since she consumed a foreign substance and they would advise us on the proper course of action.  Really!  Poison Control?! (BTW their number is 800-222-1222).

E: (laughing again) "The doctor said they don't handle that and we need to call Poison Control"
C: "Honey, this is NOT funny.  Our daughter just ate s**t and you are laughing."
E: "I'm sorry.  Don't you think it's just a little funny?"

Clint called PC and they told him the same thing I did.  If she ate her own, she should be fine.  Just watch for signs of vomiting or diarrhea (which is what started this mess).

I picked her up from school and gave her a super scrubby bath and brushed her teeth.  Clint swears that she won't get a kiss from him on the mouth for a week.

Happy parenting!

2 comments:

MEH said...

I'm telling you again, you should submit this to "In The Motherhood"
It was a 5 minute "Web-a-sode" series, but now has been picked up as a regular 30 minute comedy. They take their stories from real events submitted by viewers.

Beverly said...

ahhhhahahahahahahhahaha

I must have gotten the same sense of humor as you because I laughed the WHOLE time I was reading that!!

And don't worry--I still want kids... Four!