Monday, April 27, 2009

Last week at work was kind of crazy.  We had a team left the office so it was late nights and early mornings. Most days I hardly had time to eat lunch or tear myself away from the phone to go to the restroom!  By the time I got home each night I was so exhausted that all I had the energy for was to eat dinner and go to bed.
One night my usually good sleeper woke up and started crying.  I checked the clock (5:15) and went downstairs to get her a bottle and a fresh diaper.  After she was changed and fed I put her down in her crib to go back to sleep (another 45 minutes please!!) but she screamed and proclaimed herself up for the day.  She sleeps until 7am unless it is a Saturday or Sunday.  (Mom, I know how you felt).  
Since I was not ready to face the day 45 minutes early I climbed into her crib with her, snuggled up and proceeded to nap lightly until 6am which is the usual time to face the morning.
We chatted about breakfast and went to the kitchen.....OMG!!  It was NOT 6am but 3am?!? I guess I read the clock wrong in the wee, wee hours of the morning.
See how tired I was?
Sorry there is no accompanying picture of me in the crib.  I'm sure it would have been priceless as well as sleepless.

2 comments:

Knamek said...

You're really selling this whole parenting thing...
JK, funny story. She really got you there!

MEH said...

Yes, kids can be very persuasive. K once convinced me that I was a year older than I actually was!!!