Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I know, I know, I have been very delinquent in my blogging! The Summer is flying by and I'm keeping busy with the usual stuff. I'll get you caught up with a couple of quick posts.

"The Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder"






Kimmy (and Eric) gave me this bird feeder for Christmas. I think it was in response to the squirrel in the basement story and not just a happy coincidence. Even though this is a "squirrel proof" bird feeder, the persistent little fellows like to hang around the orb and shake seeds loose and try to paw some out. The lady who lived here before us used to feed the squirrels peanuts and I guess they haven't gotten the memo that the squirrel feeders are gone to the birds. Ha, ha.
I came home from church last Sunday and saw that one greedy little guy had managed to get himself inside the feeder and was running around in circles like a hamster in a ball! I called Clint on the cell phone and had his bring the camera out (I forgot I had a camera in my phone)but by the time he got outside our quarry had found his way back out. If I manage to get a photo of this in the future I'll send it to the manufacturer and tell them to rename it the "Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder".





No comments: